- Newton-Wellesley Neurology Associates is a Private Practice and will require information that may already be in the Mass General Brigham EPIC electronic system.
- PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE 15-20 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT TO ACCOUNT FOR PARKING, TO ENABLE US TO VERIFY YOUR DEMOGRAPHICS AND TO COMPLETE ANY NECESSARY FORMS.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR MOST CURRENT INSURANCE CARD(S) and a PHOTO ID TO EVERY VISIT (they will be scanned into our computer).
- YOUR INSURANCE CO-PAYMENT and PCP REFERRAL WILL BE DUE UPON CHECK-IN/REGISTRATION.
- WE GLADLY ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS AND HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT DEBIT CARDS. We will require a valid card to be on file at all times.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS WITH LESS THAN 24 BUSINESS HOURS NOTICE WILL BE SUBJECT TO A $50.00 SERVICE FEE.
- ALL NO SHOW APPOINTMENTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A $75.00 SERVICE FEE.
The office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Appointments may be made by calling 617-928-1500 during office hours.
Repeated cancellations and/or no-shows will result in our refusal to continue to care for you neurologically.
If you must reschedule, please do so with as much advanced notice as possible.
There is a neurologist on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week at 617-928-1500.
Our answering service will page the neurologist on call for you should an emergency arise after office hours or on weekends. Please note that pages may take upto 4 hours to be returned. For a medical emergency requiring sooner attention, please contact 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
We ask that you contact your pharmacy and have them fax refill requests directly to us at 617-630-0860. All verbal refill requests should be made between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. No routine prescriptions will be refilled after hours or on weekends.
Prescriptions for Narcotics will ONLY be filled by the originating physician and not on weekends or holidays.
Patients must be evaluated at least annually in our office in order to honor prescription requests. Failure to maintain an annual visit will result in our inability to renew your prescription. Many Primary Care Physicians (your family doctor) are happy to renew your maintenance medications if your condition is stable.
Please allow ample time to have your prescription refilled by notifying us early.
* ALL PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS MAY TAKE UP TO 72 BUSINESS HOURS TO PROCESS *
Patient Gateway is a safe and secure electronic communication system offered to you at no charge.
Patient Gateway SHOULD NEVER be used for New Symptoms or Emergency Situations.
Patient Gateway SHOULD NOT be used if you require an immediate reply.
Our physicians may not regularly check their Patient Gateway e-mail. It may take at least one week for physicians to respond to your inquiries, but generally takes less than 72 business hours.
If you and your physician choose to communicate by Patient Gateway, please make sure your questions/statements are general.
For an in-depth or complex discussion with your physician, please contact the office to schedule an appointment.
Please don’t hesitate to call the office at 617-928-1500 if you have questions or concerns.
Due to the doctor’s demands, they are not always able to return your calls on the same business day, but do strive to return calls within 48 hours of being in the office.
Our staff are trained to answer many of your questions. If they cannot be of service, they will defer your call to the Office Coordinator, Practice Manager or the appropriate Physician.
The doctors do try to stay on schedule, however, to give all patients the best possible care, they sometimes run behind schedule.
If you are concerned about how your doctor’s schedule is running, we encourage you to phone ahead (no sooner than one hour prior to your scheduled appointment), and we will give you our “best guess” as to how they are running.
Auto and Other Liability Insurance
Newton-Wellesley Neurology Associates, P.C. will not bill auto or other liability insurances. We will be happy to see you upon receipt of your out-of-pocket payment or receipt of PIP (personal injury protection) Exhaustion letter as provided by your auto carrier.
At the time of your visit you will be provided with a receipt which you may present to your liability carrier for possible reimbursement. Please let us know ahead of time if your visit is accident or injury related.
Billing, Insurance and Referrals
We are participating providers with many health plans, with the major exceptions being Senior Care Options, Dual-Plans (combines Medicare and Medicaid),United HealthCare Medicare Advantage HMO, Boston Medical Center, Tufts Direct/Network health/Public, and Worker’s Compensation.
If you are unsure about our participation with your health plan, please contact the Member Services department of your insurance carrier for assistance. It is your responsibility to contact your Primary Care Physician to obtain a referral (number) if your insurance requires one.
* YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALID REFERRAL AT THE TIME OF YOUR VISIT *
Please provide us with as much advanced notice as possible if your insurance plan will be changing.
Charges and Fees
- FMLA Forms (for Pt) $25.00
- FMLA Forms (for Family Member) $50.00
- Retrieval of Medical Records from Storage $50.00
Other Charges, as per office protocol, may apply.
We ask that you please keep this list of policies available, so that we are better able to serve you.
Thank you for choosing Newton-Wellesley Neurology Associates for your neurological care.